meta name="title" content="SisterRain.net" /> SisterRain.net: This Is Personal

ON OUR WAY TO MEET HIS NEW BOSS, MY HUSBAND ASKS IF I'M NERVOUS.

I REPLY, "I WOKE UP BLIND ONE MORNING. NERVOUS GOES AWAY AFTER THAT."

****************************************************************


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This Is Personal

I found 2 job openings today that I'm going to apply for. I'm not going to be so crazy as to say things are improving, just let the record show that this is 3 jobs in 2 days that match my skills, experience and interests.

One of the positions requires writing samples be sent with your resume, so I am working now to pull those together in an electronic format.

You would think the four funerals I've attended already this year would teach me that life can change on a dime, but today it really hit home when I found the 2 job openings. When there are no job possibilities, then I feel stuck and hopeless. When there is a job posting that fits well with what I know I can do and what I want to do, I realize that when the right one comes along, everything could happen very fast and change everything quickly.

I wish I could send my blog as a writing sample, but that would be more than a conflict of interest, not to mention a little scary. When your professional and personal worlds collide it can be a nerve wracking thing, and even though my blog is about my professional quest, there is nothing more personal than it.

No comments: